Friday, January 8, 2010

Is it worth going to the hair salon?

I've never been to a real hair salon before, my sister usually cuts my hair. Is it really worth going? I heard it's pretty risky because you never know what the stylist will do or if you can trust them. I really want to go but not sure where or to what stylist. How do I know I'll get exactly what I want? And can they recommend a hairstyle to match my face shape? Thanks guys!Is it worth going to the hair salon?
Yes, that's the hair stylist's job to tell you what will work for you and make sure you like it. If you are unsure of what you want, start looking through magazines and hair style journals to find something you like and the stylist will be able to interpret that into your hair.





On the other hand, if you don't need to style your hair, keep having your sister cut it. If it is just long and you don't do anything with it anyway, have her trim it for free to keep the ends from splitting.Is it worth going to the hair salon?
Where do you live? If you live in close to Exton, PA I recommend going to see Lesley at Evolution. She is really good and will listen to what you have to say. I have really curly hair and am very picky about what I do with it so I always make sure that the stylist knows exactly what I want before I will let them come anywhere near my hair. If you really don't know what you want to do with your hair get some inspiration from the internet or ask the stylist what she recommends. Also never go to a place like Hair Cuttery, the stylists at places like that never listen to what you have to say they just kind of do what they want, go to a salon that isn't a chain.
It's much more riskier not going to a professional. Hairstylists do what you want them to do, They're not going to go off and chop off all your hair, You just have to give them a detailed vision of what you want, because they're vision may be different from yours. Bring in a picture to show them. It's wayy easier then trying to explain.
it is totally worth going especialy for getting hilights or dying your hair. i go every 6 weeks and i love it she has never given me ugly hair

1 comment: